Schacht Ratchet Gear for Rigid Heddle Looms
Replaces the ratchet gear on all Table Looms, Crickets, and Flips. The ratchet dog is sold separately.
You will need a #2 Phillips screwdriver, a hammer, and a nail set to install the new gear.
- For newer looms with the ratchet gear on the outer side of the loom, use the screwdriver to unscrew the dowel handle from the warp/cloth beam.
- If necessary, remove the old ratchet gear and pin. Use a chisel or flat (slotted) screwdriver to break off the gear and pliers to pull out the pin.
- Slide the new gear into place on the warp/cloth beam, aligning the hole in the gear with the hole in the beam.
- Using a hammer and nail set, tap the pin into the hole. The pin needs to sit below the level of the gear teeth so the ratchet dog does not catch on it.
- Reattach the dowel handle.