Tapestry Weaving: Design and Technique by Joanne Soroka
This lavishly illustrated book gently leads you through the whole process with detailed diagrams and exciting work by contemporary weavers.
It will be useful to the absolute beginner, but experienced weavers will also find new ideas and techniques to tempt and inspire them.
- Step-by-step guide to setting up a small frame loom and starting to weave
- Basic and more advanced techniques, and how to create shapes and textures
- Advice on taking your work into the third dimension, whether bas relief or fully sculptural
- Information on the qualities of different materials and how they can be used to create the effects you want
- Design ideas for tapestry and how to follow supplied designs