Schacht Standard Floor Loom - 120cm (46")
Free delivery of this loom to UK addresses
You will receive a £100 discount off weaving accessories you order with your loom
Once your loom is delivered you will also receive a 10% discount code for use on any orders of yarn, code valid for 12 months
This loom is built to order. Please allow up to 8 weeks for delivery.
Please note that the Schacht Standard 4 shaft loom is now only available in the High Castle configuration - as of March 2020 Schacht have discontinued making the Low Castle version for 4 shafts. Cherry High Castle 12 Treadle Looms only available for December release.
All Schacht Standard floor looms may be ordered with eight or Four Now-Four Later*** shaft options. The number of shafts you choose will depend on the kind of weaving you intend to do. Though most weave structures can be woven on four shafts, additional shafts increase your pattern options extensively. If you have a keen interest in pattern drafting and weave structures, eight shafts will allow you to fully develop this interest.
This loom has an under-slung jack mechanism to raise the shafts. The jacks pivot from two points equidistant from the center and lift the shafts by pushing up on the center point. It employs a parallel lamm system which gives the loom a light treadling action. Because of this parallel lamm, it isn’t necessary to adjust the tie-up cords.
The Schacht Standard uses a tie-up system that is quick and easy to use. Pre-measured nylon tie-up cords hang from the lamms and are attached to a treadle by sliding the appropriate cords into the treadle slot. This makes changing tie-ups very fast.
Other special features of the Standard floor looms include:
- friction reducing aluminum shaft channels,
- a back beam which folds with or without a warp on the loom,
- removable back and breast beams, and
- an adjustable open-sided beater.
The braking system employs a ratchet and dog on the cloth beam and a friction brake on the warp beam. This combination give you precise tension control at all times.
Please note that this loom is supplied as a flat-pack kit which requires assembly. Full instructions are included.
If you would like to discuss your requirements prior to placing an order please contact us. We require a 10% non-refundable deposit to be paid to confirm all floor loom orders.
* If you order online the £100 Gift Voucher will be emailed to you once you have paid the deposit for your loom. This can only be used for any weaving accessories that we sell including Shuttles and Warping and Winding Equipment, and also floor loom accessories such as weaving benches or second warp beams. The voucher can only be used once and only used by the loom purchaser. The voucher cannot be exchanged for cash. Please contact us if you would like to check if the gift voucher can be used against a specific product. If you order via phone or email we can apply the £100 discount to your invoice.
** The 10% Discount Code will be sent to you by email once within 2 weeks of the loom being delivered. This is a unique discount code for you to use online, in-store and at shows with an expiry date 12 months from the date of issue. The discount card can only be used for weaving supplies and equipment as follow: Shuttles, Temples, Warping and Winding Equipment, texsolv heddles and tie-up, steel floor loom reeds and yarn. This code is not valid for use on loom accessories or modifications (second beams, extra shafts, benches etc). You can use the 10% discount code as many times as you wish on qualifying items within the 12 month period it is valid for. The code can only be used by the loom buyer and cannot be shared with other individuals. The discount cannot be exchanged for cash.