PennyTURTLE Loom™ Hexagon Pin Loom Kit
The TURTLE looms bring patent pending continuous strand hexagon weaving to pin loom weavers. The unique design of this loom combines two weaving methods to make the weaving of plain weave or tabby hexagons possible. Add beads, or patterns like twill, and the possibilities are endless.
This listing is for the second generation "Gen 2" loom, with headless pins and a yardage/wraps stamp on the back.
The PennyTURTLE™ measures just 1" side to side, and it only takes about 1-2g of Fingering/Sock weight yarn and a couple of minutes to weave a hexagon.
If you're wondering what to do with 1" hexagons, here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Craft smaller items, like key chains.
- Use 1" hexagons as child safe eyes for stuffed animals.
- Stack hexagons in your design, the 1" hexagon makes a great flower center.
- Make picture mosaics.
- Weave jewelry.
- Make a "raindrop" mobile.
- Embellish a flower bouquet or decorate your home with hexagon chain accents.
The loom is made of quality birch plywood, finished beautifully with two coats of traditional clear Shellac, sealed with satin Poly. The hexagon weaving area measures 1” side-to-side, and each of the six hexagon sides measures about 3/4”.
The loom kit contains:
1 original BabyTURTLE™ loom
1 project storage bag
1 Quick Start weaving guide
1 4mm Locker Hook 6.5" length