Louët David 3 Floor Loom - New!
CLICK HERE to pay 10% deposit to order your loom
Free delivery of this loom (UK only)
You will receive a £100 discount off weaving accessories you order with your loom. Once your loom is delivered you will also receive a 10% discount code for use on any orders of yarn from Weft Blown, valid for 12 months
This loom is built to order. Due to high demand Louët's factory are currently advising there is at least a 4 to 5 month wait for shipping.
David III is a compact eight harness loom that looks modest, but in functional quality, it surpasses many large floor looms. It is available in 70 cm (27 5/8") and 90 cm (35 3/8") and 110cm (43 1/2”) weaving width.
Improvements of the David 3:
- It has a sturdier frame: the front posts, the main uprights and the foot rail are 27 mm thick (was 21 mm).
- Standing beater, with a hinge point close to the floor, the result is smooth movement and a favorable pivot radius to strike the fell line.
- The hinge hooks of the beater are mounted on the loom and not on the beater uprights. This makes it easier to remove and replace the beater.
- The warp beam and the cloth beam have a larger diameter. This requires fewer revolutions to wind your warp beam and therefore less tension discrepancies in the warp threads. The sectional warp kit now has space for 4 bars that attach to the warp beam, instead of 3. This improves assembly and function.
- We have added a new cloth beam advance lever. It has a magnet that holds the pawl in the ratchet wheel, allowing you to advance more fabric with one movement of the handle.
- The breast beam has countersunk holes to make it easier to mount the beam on the front posts.
- The tie-up cords for the treadles are permanently connected to the lams and can be moved above the treadles where you need them. The screw heads on the treadles are slightly smaller, making it easier to hook on the cords.
- The tension brake on the warp beam is no longer an accessory, but standard. The brake disc is much larger and is now also a crank handle with which you can wind on your warp. The handle rotates in the disc, not in your hand.
- You can now adjust the shaft height with a knurled nut and the horizontal adjustment with a screw. Therefore the small texsolv pins in the cords are no longer needed.
- Folding the David is easier and there are no loose parts that can get lost.
- We include two wooden raddle covers that you can slide over the raddle. These are useful for inserting the warp threads into the raddle and then they close the raddle when winding on your warp.
- Two side clamps are included and useful when setting up and threading the warp.
- In addition to the assembly instructions, there are instructions on how to dress the loom.
It comes with: a stainless steel reed 40-10 (metric); 800 Texsolv heddles (280 mm); tie-up and lease sticks; sixteen warp sticks.
You can use the drop down menu above to view the price for the different variants of the Louët David Floor Loom.
Like a counter balance or a jack loom it has a singular tie-up. The shed however gives is of similar size to that on a countermarch. All the shafts that are not pulled down by a treadle, are lifted by an ingenious spring system. The spring system also results in easy treadling: once the treadle is pushed down, the weight of your leg is sufficient to keep the shed open.
Please note that the bench shown in the product photo is sold separately.
How to warp the Louët David (video shows David 2 Loom):
All accessories for the David floor loom can be found here.
Please note that this loom requires assembly. Full instructions are included.
If you would like to discuss your requirements prior to placing an order please contact us.
* If you order online the £100 Gift Voucher will be emailed to you once you have paid the deposit for your loom. This can only be used for any weaving accessories that we sell including Shuttles and Warping and Winding Equipment, and also floor loom accessories such as weaving benches or second warp beams. The voucher can only be used once and only used by the loom purchaser. The voucher cannot be exchanged for cash. Please contact us if you would like to check if the gift voucher can be used against a specific product. If you order via phone or email we can apply the £100 discount to your invoice.
** The 10% Discount Code will be sent to you by email once within 2 weeks of the loom being delivered. This is a unique discount code for you to use online, in-store and at shows with an expiry date 12 months from the date of issue. The discount code can only be used for yarn. You can use the 10% discount code as many times as you wish on qualifying items within the 12 month period it is valid for. The code can only be used by the loom buyer and cannot be shared with other individuals. The discount cannot be exchanged for cash.